Article 5. Motion To Quash Assignment Order of California Family Law Code >> Division 9. >> Part 5. >> Chapter 8. >> Article 5.

(a) An obligor may move to quash an assignment order on any of the following grounds:
  (1) The assignment order does not correctly state the amount of current or overdue support ordered by the courts.
  (2) The alleged obligor is not the obligor from whom support is due.
  (3) The amount to be withheld exceeds that allowable under federal law in subsection (b) of Section 1673 of Title 15 of the United States Code.
  (b) If an assignment order is sought under Article 3 (commencing with Section 5250), the party ordered to pay support may also move to quash the service of the order based upon Section 5260.
  (c) The obligor shall state under oath the ground on which the motion to quash is made.
  (d) If an assignment order which has been issued and served on a prior employer is served on the obligor's new employer, the obligor does not have the right to move to quash the assignment order on any grounds which the obligor previously raised when the assignment order was served on the prior employer or on any grounds which the obligor could have raised when the assignment order was served on the prior employer but failed to raise.
(a) The motion and notice of motion to quash the assignment order shall be filed with the court issuing the order within 10 days after delivery of the copy of the assignment order to the obligor by the employer.
  (b) The clerk of the court shall set the motion to quash for hearing within not less than 15 days, nor more than 20 days, after receipt of the notice of motion.
  (c) The obligor shall serve personally or by first-class mail, postage prepaid, a copy of the motion and notice of motion on the obligee named in the assignment order no less than 10 days before the date of the hearing.
A finding of error in the amount of the current support or arrearage or that the amount exceeds federal or state limits is not grounds to vacate the assignment order. The court shall modify the order to reflect the correct or allowable amount of support or arrearages. The fact that the obligor may have subsequently paid the arrearages does not relieve the court of its duty to enter the assignment order.