Part 1. Rights Of Parents of California Family Law Code >> Division 12. >> Part 1.

(a) The mother of an unemancipated minor child, and the father, if presumed to be the father under Section 7611, are equally entitled to the services and earnings of the child.
  (b) If one parent is dead, is unable or refuses to take custody, or has abandoned the child, the other parent is entitled to the services and earnings of the child.
  (c) This section shall not apply to any services or earnings of an unemancipated minor child related to a contract of a type described in Section 6750.
(a) A parent entitled to the custody of a child has a right to change the residence of the child, subject to the power of the court to restrain a removal that would prejudice the rights or welfare of the child.
  (b) It is the intent of the Legislature to affirm the decision in In re Marriage of Burgess (1996) 13 Cal.4th 25, and to declare that ruling to be the public policy and law of this state.
The parent, as such, has no control over the property of the child.
The employer of a minor shall pay the earnings of the minor to the minor until the parent or guardian entitled to the earnings gives the employer notice that the parent or guardian claims the earnings.
The parent, whether solvent or insolvent, may relinquish to the child the right of controlling the child and receiving the child' s earnings. Abandonment by the parent is presumptive evidence of that relinquishment.
The authority of a parent ceases on any of the following:
  (a) The appointment, by a court, of a guardian of the person of the child.
  (b) The marriage of the child.
  (c) The child attaining the age of majority.
Where a child, after attaining the age of majority, continues to serve and to be supported by the parent, neither party is entitled to compensation, in the absence of an agreement for the compensation.
The abuse of parental authority is the subject of judicial cognizance in a civil action brought by the child, or by the child's relative within the third degree, or by the supervisors of the county where the child resides; and when the abuse is established, the child may be freed from the dominion of the parent, and the duty of support and education enforced.